MEET MARK HIPP
PRESIDENT AND CO-FOUNDER
Database Technologies (DBT) was founded based on Mark’s strong belief in clean database architecture and innovative, needs-based product development. His impressive career grew from a well-rounded skill set of database architecture, mathematical modeling and strategic marketing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mark holds a Master of Philosophy degree, plus a Master of Science degree and Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from Columbia University as well as a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics from Grinnell College.
- Database Architecture 99%
- Mathematical Modeling 95%
- Strategic Marketing 90%
MARK HIPP: BEFORE DBT
New Product Development and Consulting Services Manager
- Marketing position with the task of leading the company to a consensus on a strategic new product and working with partners to fund the development and marketing of the product.
- Managed marketing strategies projects including: Market share, revenue per segment, and alternate distribution channel analysis and new proud t demand forecasting and consumption modeling.
Director Database Development
- Responsible for two departments, a 12-person staff, a $100M+ budget and the product design and development of the company’s primary asset, the Trinet National File.
- Authored Database Development Plan – led an inter-departmental task force to determine the most pressing needs and formulated over a dozen projects, down to the task level, to provide a major quality upgrade to the core product of the company
- Directed a two-year software effort to automate the update process resulting in high quality, fool-proof, system updates and reduced elapsed time for updates from 12 weeks to three with no increase in production costs.
AT&T LONG LINES
Staff Manager-Market Research and Forecasting
- Managed a group responsible for business planning, corporate facilities forecasting and regulatory support for terrestrial and satellite T1 products
- Designed and built an automated forecasting system that was unusually accurate out to at least five years
- LP based buying algorithm using conjoint analysis of the market research data
- Simulation based forecasting to allow economic growth, price and buying behavior analysis